Thursday, August 9, 2007

Learning linux...

Ah, i finally managed my partitions to work, with few tips from Feky and guys from elitesecurity.org, all partitions have been mounted (nano). Today, Feky visited me and learned me how to install packages which i downloaded for testing. He also brought his HD from his old b0x (30 GB :D). Few needles are broken and we were unable to start it, so he gave it to the local computer store to fix it.

Anyway, im starting to learn linux, it's not that hard as i thought, i just have to adjust to it, and realize how it works. I was suffering to set the monitor's frequency, and after editing the xorg.conf, it finally reached its fastest, 100 Hz. Now i hope my eyes won't heart :) (i really must to buy a tft monitor).

I downloaded today Diskinternal's Linux Reader, and im quite impressed. It's a simple program based on Windows Explorer which can read linux partitions like ext2, ext3 and swap. Also, you can copy the files, but not to delete or make them in those partitions.
See the pics :
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: